Sunday, January 15, 2012

Aeraptis Now Available for Download

The new Velveteen Vaccine album, Aeraptis, is now available @ velveteenvaccine.bandcamp.com for immediate download.

'Aeraptis' is the product of about a year's worth of work. A year for 8 songs is rather long for me. There were originally about 15 songs written and recorded in this time, but only these 8 seemed to be able to work together. Between moving, job changes, two other musical projects, various reworkings and remixes, and a writer's block, I feel pretty good about what (finally) came about.

At the same time that I was wrapping these songs up, I began writing and recording new material that was originally meant to be a completely new project. However, over the last few days I've decided that these songs will eventually become a new Velveteen Vaccine album. The material is different from the previous four albums. How it's different musically will be left for the listeners to decide, but I can tell you that there will be vocals on at least half of the tracks.

This new album will be the third incarnation of Velveteen Vaccine. The previous four albums were the second. The first will one day be given life in cyberspace for any listeners, but I can tell you that the third incarnation will be somewhat similar to the first.

Velveteen Vaccine was originally created to challenge myself. I wanted to write from a completely different place than I had been writing before when I was writing for the now retired Aeonian Prayer. And although I've been satisfied with the last four Velveteen Vaccine albums, I feel that I've gotten very far away from what it was originally set up to do.

I'll be keeping any followers, wherever you are, up to date as progress is made on the next Velveteen Vaccine album. Stay tuned for the possibility of...

...live shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment