Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28, 2012

For some reason, listening to music over and over again when it's being edited never sounds as good as it does over a stereo system.

I've spent the last few nights making the last tweaks to the 13 songs that will become the new album, but more often than not I find myself throwing my hands up and walking away to bed.

Some songs have been thrown out and then brought back into the mix. Some songs I was sure were keepers have been thrown away. Then there are the songs I love that simply don't fit with the rest of them.

And tomorrow night I'll be one click away from deleting everything altogether. This is my least favorite part of the recording process.

It makes me think of when The Beatles recorded about a thousand songs for Let It Be, said 'fuck it', gave them all to Phil Spector to deal with, and decided to just move on to the next album.

So I'm going to take the rest of the week off. Maybe even two. I know these 13 songs are going to make up the new album. I just haven't quite decided how I'm going to get them all to work together. But I have an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment